E – safety
Safety on the internet is extremely important. In the 21st century people of all ages are spending time online. Children are accessing the internet at younger ages than before because our lives are connected to many things online.
As a school we highly value the information and knowledge that can be accessed by our students on-line. We encourage our students to spend time exploring appropriate sites on the internet to broaden their understanding of different subjects and the world.
As a safe and happy educational environment we aim to keep our students safe as they explore what the internet has to offer. For many young people the internet is a new experience that can be exciting. However, many students are unaware of the dangers that need to be avoided and navigated.
At LHPIC we teach our students basic principles of being safe online. These include,
- Staying away from strangers and keeping connected to those they know
- Not arranging to meet strangers offline who have been met online
- Teaching about the importance of privacy and confidentiality
- Reminding the students that they represent the school, their families and communities online.
- Encouraging appropriate positive messaging and posting on line and on Facebook.
- Avoiding negative, threatening and bullying behaviours and interactions which are harmful to both the student and others.
- Learning that what is online stays online and can damage a students reputation later in life, including future jobs, and relationships.
LHPIC believes that the internet offers incredible educational opportunities. We want our students to be online, to love learning and exploring the wealth of knowledge the internet holds. The internet will always be a part of our life, and just like in life, we want our students to be caring and supportive to contribute to a safe Indian society and online culture.